Saturday, October 2, 2010

2 kids, a dog and a husband...oh my!

My favorite PUMPKIN BREAD recipe

oven temp: 350
time: 55-65 min

3 c sugar
1c cooking oil
4 eggs
31/3 c fluor
2 tsp baking soda
11/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 tsp nutmeg
2/3 c water
1 15oz can pumpkin   
*I like to use can pumpkin from  Trader Joes ;)


1. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
2. In large bowl combine sugar and oil with mixer and add eggs
3. Alternately add and beat in pumpkin
4. Spoon batter into prepared pans and bake!

To get get festive you can make home made cream cheese frosting to ice the top of the loaf. Killer and so easy! If I can do this, anyone can ;)

With a mixer mix:
2 8oz soft cream cheese
1/2 c soft butter
2 c confectioners sugar
1tsp vanilla

I am so over the heat and want nothing more than to 'turn on the fire place' lol and get cozy with blankets and drink hot chocolate :) I am very eager for some nice cool winter weather, can't you tell? Yay, for a little rain this morning.  I hope it continues and rains soon. I really like how the rain sounds on our roof because it's tile with no attic space. One more thing I just love about our house... it sounds awesome when it rains out, especially in the master. Here is one of my favorite recipes to make this time of year, it makes your house smell so yummy. Enjoy!  

Speaking of smells, our house smells like curry, going on day 2 now! I left the kids AND my sister's bf dog Shelby with Greg Thurs night so I could go to a friend's house to plan for an upcoming baby shower we're throwing (we are watching Shelby for a few days). It was a nice break because it got quite overwhelming here with 2 kids and a dog! At one point that afternoon, it was like the circus in our tv room. Shelby took Charlotte's pacifiers, sucked on them and roughed-housed with Christopher. Christopher thought it was hysterical, it really was.... but poor Ms Charlotte was not too happy to have her paci's taken. This is an old picture, and still so funny to me. It's no joke, she really does suck on them! Shelby is a one of a kind dog.


When I can back around 8:30pm. I came through the garage and immideately smelt curry. Bless Greg's heart. I told Greg the other day that I am craving Indian food, so he made curry chicken while I was gone; he made up a recipe of 5 different spices and the main one being curry of course. When I walked in I saw Greg laying on the couch with bear in hand, and Shelby on his lap with her toung hangin out! They both looked very content lounging in the dark!  He looked up at me and said calmly,  "the kids are fed, bathed and in bed". Awe. I had such a long day and that was so nice to come home to, and so darn cute  even though  the house reeked of curry and looked like a tornado struck. We got to eat a very nice chicken curry meal with a delicious cilantro dressing that we bought and the Farmer's Market. (I will miss you Hollister Farmer's Market). The meal was really good. He said Christopher ate a half a breast and liked it too--we all love curry. I just don't know how to get rid of the smell of curry....maybe I will bake a few loafs of pumpkin bread ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment