Sunday, October 3, 2010

BIG things are happening





Ms Charlotte took her first steps at the Hollister's Farmers Market on Wednesday! Yup, she is soon to be walking, and as of today, she has 8 teeth! I cannot believe her first birthday is right around the corner--time goes by so fast. When she took her first steps, I got teary eyed of course, just like I did when Christopher took his first steps in the Monte Sereno Cottage. It is funny to us because, Christopher started walking at nine months without any teeth; he did not crack his first tooth until he was almost eleven months lol We called him gums! And now Charlotte is pretty much walking with a bunch of teeth :D Sadly, I did not catch Charlotte's first steps on video (she did a great job and took 5 big steps all alone on the grass) but here is a video of her saying "ba-ba" and waving hi! Big girl!
Christopher is also growing and changing right before my eyes. He is becoming my little best friend and helper. His favorite chore to help me with right now is taking the trashcans out and bringing them. He enjoys doing quite a few things around the house, one of them being laundry! Last week when I stripped his sheet and put it in the washer along with his blanket, he got soooo upset! He did not like seeing his sheet and blanket go into the washer. He cried and said, "oh no, night, night--wet!" I explained to him that it was ok and I am making them all better. Later that day, I put his blanket and sheet (along with the other clothes I washed with them with) in the dryer while my mom was downstairs playing with the kids. When I went upstairs to Christopher's room to get him dressed to go out to dinner that evening, I noticed his blanket and sheet IN HIS CRIB! I laughed so hard… God only knows when Christopher took only his two items out of the dryer and put them in the crib and closed the dryer door--I died! He really does help me! He also really enjoys playing with Charlotte. He is such a good big brother. I always bring Charlotte in his room in the morning to go get him when I get the momma wake up call. Last week since Charlotte was still sleeping before Christopher woke up, I went in his room ALONE to get him. Instead of getting a great big smile and an enthusiastic "hi momma", I got, "where's Beez". He really, really loves his little sister. They are now at that point where they can play together! I love it! 
Christopher all around is transforming into a young boy right before my eyes. He acts like a big boy and even looks like a big boy. Greg just gave Christopher a 'big boy' haircut last week and he looks totally different, not like my little baby boy. I lost the fight on keeping his hair long, oh well--he looks darling anyway his hair is and I think Greg did a pretty good job. Here is a picture of Christopher with his new haircut playing out back looking for worms--he is such a boy. He likes to find worms, spiders and snails and show them to me, but he will never ever touch them. THANK GOD!  


FYI snails = worms. I figured this out the other day when I took Charlotte's high-chair out back to hose it down--it was covered in smashed bananas and biter biscuits. I left it out over night to air dry and brought it in the next morning. Well, while Christopher was sitting at the kitchen table eating his lunch that same day he yelled, "worm", and ran to me. I freaked out because he is notorious for finding creepy crawlers outside and this time we were inside. So, he ran to me, grabbed my hand and led me to the kitchen table where the high chair was. He was pointing to Charlotte's high chair and saying over and over..."Look momma worm, yuck!" I had to look hard to find it but sure enough there was a snail on the side of Charlotte's high chair. After Christopher finding a snail on the high chair I no longer leave the high-chair outback to dry.









2 comments: