Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy October!

I love desserts and I like to eat something sweet everyday ;) I would like to introduce to you, the best dessert recipe EVER! Goody bars!

This super easy, delicious recipe can be found on the back of the Betty Crocker brownie mix box. The first person I made them for was my brother-in-law Chris, and he LOVED them.  Every time I make goodybars I get a lot of ohhh's and ahhh's--they're always a hit. When Christopher tasted them for the first time, he said, "Mmmm good, momma". I will always remember that because it was this summer when Christopher started putting words into full sentences and we sat and ate this  yummy dessert together in our backyard. I love him!
I hope you make goodybars and enjoy them as much we do!




GOODY BARS



1 box Betty Crocker® Original Supreme Premium brownie mix


Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box


1 cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from 16 oz container)


1/2 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped 


2 cups crisp rice cereal


2/3 cup creamy peanut butter


1 1/3 cups (8 oz) semisweet chocolate chips


1.  Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or  shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.)
2.  Make and bake brownies as directed on box. Cool completely.
3.  Frost brownies with frosting. Sprinkle with peanuts; refrigerate while making cereal mixture. 
*    I like to use either 1/2    the amount of peanuts or none at all :)
4.  Measure cereal into medium bowl; set aside. In 1-quart saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated. Spread over frosted brownies. Refrigerate 1hour or until set before cutting. 

For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store tightly covered at room temperature or in refrigerator.
    




First of all, HAPPY OCTOBER! I am so thrilled it is this time of year again. Here we come uggs, cozy sweats, rain, and for me, the beginning of 'baking season'...Halloween! Yay! My Halloween/Fall decor has actually been up for two weeks--I couldn't resist. Even the candy bowl is filled! It is kind of funny because I am known as 'candy lady' to the little girls in our court, because I not only have candy out for Halloween, I have candy and sweets out all the time, even a fully stocked candy drawer.

I am still trying to decide if I will be writing daily or weekly. I know for sure that I will post videos of the kids, updated pictures and of course recipes. Since I love to bake, most of the recipes will be some sort of baked good. I cannot wait to make my pumpkin bread soon! That is a must make for this time of year :)

I have decided that Christopher will be a bear for Halloween since his favorite cartoon is Little Bear. He loves that show and I don't mind him watching it. It is pretty peaceful and nice to hear the instrumental music in the background. Other moms out there can understand how obnoxious some cartoons can sound. Anyway, he loves to watch Little Bear--he knows all the characters: Duck, Owl, Frog, and he calls the chicken, 'Ruby'. So cute! Ruby was our pet chicken. But that is a whole other story...
And Ms Charlotte is going to be a bumblebee because Christopher gave Charlotte her nickname, ‘beez’ when she came home from the hospital. I am pretty sure it came from ‘baby sister’ and it has stuck ever since. I ordered her the cutest bee tutu off etsy.com, (which I am addicted to by the way).
I am so excited to take both kids trick-or-treating this year. Last year it was so eventful. There are kids galore on our street and we will have our annual Halloween potluck in our court with Carmel apples.  Las Last year Christopher was a deputy (like his dada) for Halloween. Just the other day he was in his room playing with his memory box, which is filled with hospital wristbands, his first 2-dollar bill and stuff like that along with a silver plastic star badge that was attached to his deputy baby diaper cake at my baby shower. He saw it picked it up, placed it over his right chest and came up to me and said, "Momma, look-dada's". My heart melted and it will forever be a memory of mine. It was SO hard to wait all afternoon for Greg to get home so I can tell him this story, He also thought it was precious. We both smiled and at the same time said, “I love him”. Christopher never seizes to amaze me; he is always doing something so funny or cute—my kids are my pride and joy. 




1 comment:

  1. Hey! So I started receiving Better Homes & Garden's holiday emails and if you don't already, you should sign up! They keep sending me cute baking ideas - I thought you and your little ones would enjoy them:)

    ReplyDelete